Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gawai Preparation

I still owe another 3 days before flying home. Soon will be Gawai festival. Nothing much too hurry, simple preparation 'coz my budget too tight **wink...wink...*** but  I do still admire to go shopping to IKEA before fly home..

My checklists:

  • Money (most important element) ~for  shopping + other expenses (including pocket money for my nieces & nephews)
  • Air ticket ~ done! just waiting for date of departure
  • Luggage ~ wondering, isn't one luggage is enough to put everything inside?
  • Gifts ~ not too important but still have to prepare
  • Home decoration items ~ for new house & "memorial house"
  • Consideration ~  urban celebration v village celebration (and still consider when should we spend the most of our holiday, isn't at village or town...but still we love the most our village. Our friends, families, relatives...all be together & celebrate Gawai at our village...
  • Owh....almost forget..too much wedding invitation to attend..but all i have to reject. Sorry peeps, I don't have much time to attend! and I was wondering wondering much once,why Iban folks always wanted to have their wedding ceremonies during Gawai festival? And you know why? This is the best time we gather together in a large crowd & everyone will come attend your wedding besides celebrate Gawai! 


 ~  Ngajat by Iban warrior ~


~Boar head_ symbolic in Gawai celebration in "miring" (ritual) ceremony~

p/s: see you soon. will be updating my blog once i bcak from Gawai festival


Lots of Love ;p Frouline Aging

No comments:

Post a Comment